Search Blog Content

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Become A Better You

 By

Photo: rolemommy.com
 
As a five year old girl, I was always fascinated by the concept of superwoman. The woman with incredible powers. She could fly, fight and her strength was out of this world. I thought to myself, when I grow up, I want to be superwoman. I wanted to have that incredible strength and prowess about me. I wanted to be able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Fly, fight and give the bad guys a run for their money and best of all look hot (I really liked that part). It seemed like the way to live. I thought to myself "if superwoman existed, surely I could be one"

Well, am now an adult with no ability whatsoever to fly, fight or have near enough superwoman strength. To make matters worse, I don't even have a costume. However, I have come to realise that in spite of my inability to match the characteristics above, I am still a superwoman. Just a different kind. Inside everyone of us is the ability to give birth to dreams, ideas, plans, new personalities etc. We all have within us untapped and sometimes under utilized resources to create the impossible. Have you ever done something where you truly amazed yourself? Something you didn't quite believe you could do, but somehow you did it. You thought you'd surely die if you tried skydiving, but you did it only to realise you didn't die but a daring you unveiled as a result of that experience. You thought you'd never get the job, but you amazed yourself because not only did you get the job but your employers were really impressed with your interview.

Inside everyone of us is superhuman ability to be and do everything we've always wanted. To create the type of lives we desire, become the kind of person we've always wanted to be, the type of friends, siblings, parents we've always admired and the potential to realize every dream.
Irrespective of where you find yourself in life, you can be all you've always dreamed of, have all you've always wanted. The key is first in knowing that YOU can become all that.
I learnt recently that pencil (graphite) and diamonds are derived from the same source - Carbon. The difference b/w one product showing up as pencil and the other as diamond lies in the intense pressure and extreme temperature applied to make diamonds. Down in the earth's mantle, extreme temperature of about 1500 degrees centigrade and pressure of about 5000 times greater than surface pressure is applied to carbon and under this extreme condition, carbon becomes diamonds. One product, two different outcomes.

What will be your outcome? Pencil or Diamond. Untapped/underutilized or an amazing productive life. Like carbon, you have the potential to be either. You've got everything inside you to create your own reality, to be whoever and whatever you want. Break the barrier of race, age, gender, status, background and any limitation you can possibly think of and you will find unveiled Superwoman. Just a different kind.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Christiana_Senibo

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7514832

No comments:

Post a Comment