Search Blog Content

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sudden Stress?

 By

Photo: l.yimg.com
 
Stress.

We all go through it.

Might as well turn a negative into a positive right?

Very easy to say and hard to do. Hard to be positive when you're mad.
I had some nasty stress a while back and got incredibly upset about it. The trouble is, when you're stressed out, angry and upset like that, it's all you can think about! It consumes you. You mentally tell them off in your head over and over again. You relive the conversation over a thousand times and you think about what you should have said and what you are going to say to them when they call again. You steam about it and stress about it and you think about nothing else for hours on end.
It consumes your life!

So what to do?
I seriously considered putting their picture on a dart board and sat at my desk and wondered how many throws it would take to get a bull's-eye. However, since we don't have a dart board I wrote an email to them instead. Wasn't very long but I told them off in my note and got it all out of my system.

I didn't send it, although I wanted to very much. Instead, I put it into my drafts file and went to bed. The very next morning I felt better and saw the situation from a completely different place, and was glad I never sent it.

The good news is that I had finally gotten them out of my system. Plus, now that they were out, it caused me to see things from a completely different perspective. I had a chance to REALLY take a look at things and finally saw the illusion of it all. Sometimes what you think you see, is not what is really there. Now I see things clearly and can finally move on from it all. The rose-colored glasses are off and the illusion is shattered.

Now here's the good part... if all this hadn't happened, I would never have found this out!
My point here is that stress can be a positive thing because it can force you to stand up... look around... and then go in a different direction! A better direction!!! If that stress hadn't been there... would I have finally seen the clear picture? Perhaps, perhaps not... but the stress forced me to look at it and now that old "baggage" is gone.

So turn your stress into a positive!! Look at it as a learning experience that is forcing you to take another look at what is going on. Stand up, look around, and then trust your intuition and walk in a new direction.

Katharine is an award-winning author, motivational speaker and the world's leading concierge trainer and consultant. She is the founder of both Triangle Concierge and the International Concierge and Lifestyle Management Association (ICLMA) as well as the author of several business and motivational books.

She can be reached through her websites at http://www.katharinegiovanni.com/, http://www.triangleconcierge.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Katharine_Giovanni

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7555612

No comments:

Post a Comment