Search Blog Content

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Space Between Life and Death

By


Photo: 2.bp.blogspot.com

"I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy." - Og Mandino
Many people go through life never tapping into their life's purpose. Maybe some people wonder what the big deal is, while others question whether they even have a purpose. How does one discover or decide if their life has any purpose?
I took some time to check where I was in my life. Did I have any fulfillment or satisfaction? Did I love or enjoy what I was doing? Did I enjoy waking up in the morning with great intention in my life?
Ask yourself what you are going to do to discover your purpose and passion in life (if you don't already know). If you don't like the answers you get, decide to do something to change those answers. That is exactly what I had to do. I needed to find out what made my heart beat--what made me feel I was a difference in the world (or at least to the people I connected with).
It wasn't enough for me to simply be alive. What was I doing with my life? What effect did my life have on those around me? What was I put on this earth to do?
Having purpose in our lives gives us meaning; it gives us reasons to live. To me, it says to God that we value the life He has given us, and with that life, we are going to do something worthwhile. Purpose provides the fuel for our lives. I often tell my clients or audience that there is something that exists between life and death. That something is our purpose; our reason for being. We are not here just to take up space.
Something else I've discovered is that some people know their life has purpose, but the fear of pursing that purpose grips and cripples them. These people live in a place of fear and are unsure how to move past it so they can live a better life. Fear keeps us from discovering the purpose we were born to live.
It is not enough for us to know we have purpose. We have to do something in our lives to discover who we are and what purpose we are here to serve. Then without reservation, fear or hesitation, we must live our lives with purpose.
Are you living a purpose-filled life? If not, what are you willing to do to either discover your purpose or begin walking in your purpose?
Gwen Thibeaux, known as the "Greatness Accountability Coach," is a motivational speaker, personal development trainer and author of the book, "Embracing the Greatness Within: A Journey of Purpose and Passion." (Book available online at Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.)
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gwen_Thibeaux

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6838160

No comments:

Post a Comment