Search Blog Content

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Obstacles make you think outside the square

by Glenise Anderson

Photo: achievemaster.com

 I had an interesting thing happen to me yesterday.
My dear husband who usually says "whatever makes you happy Darling" said an adamant "No!" to something I wanted to do!  Shock, horror... it's probably lucky I was sitting down at the time!!
It was a interesting comment, followed by "I'm your reality check" or something along those lines.  I don't think I actually heard the words clearly because there was this loud noise sounding in my head (perhaps a scream!).  It came with a mildly uncomfortable feeling attached to it.
Hmmm, what to do, what to do? I thought when I hung up the phone.
It all revolves around a product I am currently creating for the marketplace and the high standard I want to complete it to.  Are there cheaper options - absolutely... Do I want to use them... not really!  And therein lies my dilemma.
Hmmm, what to do, what to do??
Back to the drawing board I thought - what was my objective?  Well, ideally I wanted to roll out this concept & product with my new rebranding and website - altogether.  I didn't want to approach companies until everything was in place.
The reality check - that's not going to happen!  The reality is - I have to back myself, have faith that all will work out (and of course it always does - one way or the other!) and get out there and do it!.
So troops - I'm biting the bullet.  It's time to start talking to people and letting them know what I'm doing. 
I have created a 12 month Personal Development Program for Women in the Workplace.  It is initially targeted at companies although hopefully within a relatively short space in time I will have a standalone product for individual women - that's where the NO came in :(.  It will cover skills such as Time Management, Goal Setting, Identifying your Strengths, Procrastination etc.
So there you go.  If you know someone who may be interested, let me know and I can send you more information.
So this week... think about the dream/s YOU'RE not acting on.  Is it because an obstacle has come up that's stopped your progress?  If so, think outside the square - ask yourself quality questions like "How CAN I make this happens?"

Glenise Anderson is a successful business woman, who wants to share her knowledge and skills with other women to help them achieve their goals. Her organization Self Confident Women provides tailored education solutions that meet the personal and professional development needs of women. Development and Training Courses for Women

Article Source: http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/Obstacles-make-you-think-outside-the-square/1667411

No comments:

Post a Comment