Search Blog Content

Monday, September 27, 2010

Can You Imagine Your Ideal Future?

 By Lyn J Williams

Photo: tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com

Most of us are raised to be sensible, practical and we know what is possible. And don't forget how realistic we have to be. That's why so many of us `settle' for less than we want or deserve. Don't be silly, you can't do that, you're not smart enough, young enough, old enough, rich enough, blah, blah and blah.
And most of those dream squashing comments come from those we love the most. Some of these people truly do care about us and don't want us to suffer disappointment and failure. But isn't it better to have tried to achieve your dreams than play it safe and lead the life that others are comfortable with, and more to the point that others are comfortable with you being there with them.
For so many years I dared not to dream, I was told to be grateful for what I had and to expect nothing more. I was grateful, and I know there is always someone worse off than me, but this is my life. I've got one shot at it this time round, even if reincarnation is a belief you hold we won't come back as the same person.
Every now and then I would have spurts of great achievements in my life, nothing world shattering but then others around would start to get antsy so I would pull back again.
But no more, I have dreams, big ones. Apart from wanting a portfolio of investment properties that I have renovated myself, I want to give to my 3 daughters and the local community. I also want to help an orphanage in Cambodia in a very big way and a certain hospital in Vietnam. Travel the world, find my soulmate and that's just the beginning.
Self belief and self acceptance is important in the process. Getting clear about your dreams. You don't have to know all the details, just have that vision, keep it clear and take baby steps.
If the people around you aren't the supportive type, keep your dreams to yourself, they're more powerful that way. Search for the information you need and be open to Universe helping you out with opportunities to lead you where you want to go.
It's almost scary sometimes how quickly things can start changing, but don't block it. Be open to accepting the things that feel right, the things that don't feel right won't feel good.
Dare to Dream....Big.

No comments:

Post a Comment