Search Blog Content

Monday, September 13, 2010

Is Your Life Out of Balance? Take Our Quiz

by Barry J McDonald

Photo: ivillage.com

You may be thinking that your life needs more balance, more time spent at home and with friends and less time spent at work.  Perhaps you"��ve even mentioned this to your spouse, girlfriend, best buddy, doctor or co-workers. 

If you have, it is likely that at least one of these people raised and eyebrow and explained the facts of life to you.  That is, that nearly everyone is overworked these days and you should get used to it.  Besides, your friend Joe said unsympathetically "��I work a lot more hours than you do, so you have no reason to complain"��. 

Yet, there is that nagging doubt.  That feeling that you shouldn"��t always be so stressed, so tired, so short on time, coupled with the knowledge that you can"��t seem to think clearly anymore, that you always forget family birthdays and that you rarely eat dinner before 10:00 p.m.

You should probably listen to your own intuition and take control over your life before you have no OTHER life than what exists in the workplace.  If you still need convincing, or perhaps some more objective feedback, try this little quiz:


1. I am spending more time than ever at work and on work-related projects and activities? 

2. I usually feel that I"��ve run out of time at the end of the day, and I worry about all the things that did not get done?

3. I don"��t have any time for myself, my family or my friends?

4. I don"��t get to visit with, or talk to, my family and friends very often?

5. Social meetings always seem rushed and I find myself thinking about what I have to get done, and how I should be elsewhere, instead of enjoying the time with my family or friends?

6. On most days, every minute of every waking hour is scheduled with an activity, or I have something urgent to accomplish?

7. I"��m not sure who I am anymore, and I often wonder why I chose this job or this career?

8. It is hard to recall my last vacation day or day off, or the last time I just sat and read a book or relaxed? 

9. I don"��t have much fun anymore and I rarely do something just because I want to do it or because I think it will be pleasurable or fun?

10. I feel stressed out much of the time and I find myself losing patience easily?

11. It is sometimes hard to sleep at night and to unwind at the end of the day?

12. My life is a blur.  I feel like I have to keep moving from one thing to the next with no time to catch my breath?

13. When I do sit down to read a book for pleasure, or to watch a movie, or TV, I find my mind wandering back to work-related subjects, or I fall asleep from exhaustion?

14. I want more time for entertainment, hobbies and activities, but I never seem to get it?

15. I often have to postpone social engagements, doctor"��s appointments or other personal things, or I am often late to these appointments?

16. I am usually very tired in the morning when I arrive for work and, even after the weekend, I feel exhausted?

17. It is hard to find the time to help my children with homework, talk to my spouse or friend about their day or just sit and write out checks?

18. People depend on my income, but they also expect me to be there for important dates like birthdays and soccer games, and I feel torn and misunderstood, much of the time?

19. I almost always bring some work home at the end of the day, and/or I nearly always work for part of the weekend, or on my days off?

If you answered "��True"�� to less than five of these questions, you are not overworked and your life is in good balance.

If you answered "��True"�� to more than eight of these questions, your life is seriously out of balance.

If you answered "��True"�� to more than twelve of these questions, you should immediately start a program to regain control over your life, before stress and overwork damage your health and your relationships.


Do you want to learn how to eliminate, reduce or manage the stress in your life. The skills are simple to learn and easy to do. Visit  
http://stressmanagement.scienceofbreath.be today and get your hands on our FREE time management book.

Article-Submit-Submission


Article Source: ArticleSnatch Free Article Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment