Search Blog Content

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stop Hurrying Your Life

by randtpztwi

Photo: meganonamission.wordpress.com

With life's constant demands, many people nowaday live their lives in a hurry.  So many people are rushing to get somewhere or finish something. If someone is in a hurry, that is fine. We all get a little behind from time to time. But, just because someone else is in a hurry doesn't mean we should feel pressured to rush alongside them.



I was stopped at a red light the other day that was a "no turn on red", right turn light.  A car pulled behind me and within a few seconds started to honk his horn.  I could see the guy in my rear view mirror flailing his arm in the air attempting to get me to turn. The longer the light took the more he honked. What was interesting to me was the reaction I had to the situation. Number one, I became agitated.  Secondly, I even thought about making the right turn even when the light was red.  Then I stopped and reminded myself that I wasn't the one in a hurry.  It was his problem not mine.  After 2 minutes or so at the light it finally turned green and I make the turn.  The guy quickly passes to the right side of me, yelling with his windows rolled up and cuts off 2 other drivers in the process.



Have you noticed that people who are in a hurry tend to be inconsiderate, rude, and oblivious to the needs of others? No matter how rushed we are, there is no excuse to be rude to others.



Consider This



Just because someone else is rushing doesn't mean we have to go right along with them.  The insight I received from my experience at the traffic light is that being in a hurry makes people rude. I know there have been times that I was so in a hurry to complete something that everything and everyone around me didn't matter.  The truth is most people would normally never behave in such a poor manner, but let them get behind and all of a sudden they turn into careless people.



Reflections



Are you feeling rushed because others around you are in a hurry?  Are you in a hurry and making others feel rushed?



My Request



Begin to think for a second how rushing makes you and others around you feel.  Next time you are rushing around stop and ask yourself what the hurry might be. Is it really going to help to run around getting angry with those around you that aren't in a hurry as well?



Notable Quotes



"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."  Lao Tzu



"��Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."  Anonymous



"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."  St. Francis De Sales



Randy Is A Mother Of 2 Beatiful Children.  It's Her Full Time Job.  She Is Also A Life Coach And Women's Health Advocate.  Her Goal Is To Educate Women On Living Life To The Fullest. Randy advocates Womens Products Such As Yeastrol. To Read More About Her Favorites Visit http://www.yeastrolinformation.com



Article Source: ArticleSnatch Free Article Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment